Wednesday, August 12, 2026

The Echo Chamber - Helllllo o o o

 The Issue is ...

    The issue with FIRE that I see is not the core ideology, it is the other political and social warrior ideology that is sprinkled in. It is an echo chamber so it seems. Well I am just here to write some views, try not to step on the Financial Conservative that leans or jumps to the left, but I probably will offend you with my traditional values, don't worry though some of my views will totally piss off the right. So both of you can sit and cry together if you get offended.

The Case

First a definition:
Conservative:
  1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
  2. Traditional or restrained in style.
  3. Moderate; cautious.
  4. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
  5. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
  6. Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political conservatism, especially in the United Kingdom or Canada.
  7. Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
  8. Tending to conserve; preservative.
    I want to focus first on that last one. Tending to conserve or preserve. This is the very idea of FIRE, in fact without being conservative in some manner FIRE might become difficult if not dang near impossible. First live below your means, conserve not spend the finances. This is a very big core of FIRE. So I propose every one that practices FIRE at the very least is a financial conservative. Okay done. No it goes further than this. 
        Let us start with the core real quick. I am a conservative capitalist. I kind of have to be if I believe in currency, investing, and products. Living in a first world country I enjoy the perks of Capitalism, now some in FIRE complain about capitalism and usually it is the same dry arguments of a certain political party. They complain while they enjoy the perks. I lean the other way as you will see. I can see some adjustments, but overall I think the process is great the way it is, in the capitalism portion, not the political, an in a few minutes I am going to piss many off.
    I am not anti-consumerism. I think people should save, but people should buy services and goods, it is what keeps those pesky investments providing money to those that complain about consumerism and got out of the system. Someone wants to buy a Tesla and can afford it after the savings, thanks it helps. They want to buy it without taking care of the savings. Cool thanks. I use Tesla as an example, but it could really be any companies product. 
    A conservative capitalist what do I define that as for a core set of ideology. Free Markets (limited regulation as I believe other countries should not be able to flood the countries market with cheap products. I would love for my countrymen to still have jobs.), private property, limited regulation. True limited government power, some regulation and usually the answer to fix a thing is not more government involvement or rules but less. Traditional Family structures, religious morality and national sovereignty. Low tax, I think the government takes too much and spends far too much on stuff we should not. As a conservative capitalist I think we should put more personal responsibility on a person. Some of our laws and culture should be repealed already.  
    Now this one is going to equally upset the two sides, welfare (in any form) is a disaster and is not needed. It should be the responsibility of the person not the tax payer to create life and liberty in their own way, not financed by those willing to work and sacrifice a paycheck with taxation. Plus welfare creates a false demand, for products and services, which kills the supply and forces an artificial pricing market that never falls. You can see this in college tuition, agriculture (SNAP), and a few other areas. 
    I will get into those issues in more detail later in the blog. In general though all FIRE movement participants are conservative. They are conservative in money, however like everything in life there will be some from all walks. What I will say is let us applaud your conservative ways with money to build that escape velocity to break free. You learned the system, the rules and what it took to escape. Salute.